Alpha Chi Omega is proud to join with other Greek organizations to celebrate National Ritual Celebration Week, March 3-7, 2014. Collegians and alumnae are encouraged to make time each day of this week—either by participating in collegiate or alumnae chapter Ritual activities or personally—to reflect on the meaning of our Ritual and how living Ritual positively impacts your life and those around you.
To honor Alpha Chi Omega’s seven founders, here are seven suggestions for how you or your chapter can participate in National Ritual Celebration Week, beginning today:
1. Follow, share and interact with Coffee With Celia (our Ritual social media program on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and alphachiomega.org’s blog). CWC will have content every day that you can read and share via social media, email, and if applicable, your chapter’s internal website.
2. Change your social-media-account pictures to the Ritual Celebration Week Facebook cover or badge photo. When you change your photo, share the impact Alpha Chi Omega and your sisters have had on your life. Use the hashtags #AXORitualWeek, #NRCW and #CoffeeWithCelia throughout the week to share your Ritual reflections.
3. Read and share a Ritual moment each day. These are easy ways to reconnect with our Ritual, the foundation of our amazing fraternity.
4. Participate in the National Panhellenic Conference’s International Badge Day today, March 3. Wearing your badge to work, on campus, to your community gatherings not only honors Alpha Chi Omega, but gives you a chance to connect with other sorority women in your area and celebrate the history of women’s fraternities.
5. Tell a sister how she lives our Ritual. Send a hand-written note, text, or email, or pass her a virtual carnation to share with that sister how she lives our Ritual and why she’s a real, strong woman to you.
6. Reflect on the meaning of the Alpha Chi Omega Symphony. Re-read the Symphony at least once during the week. How does it relate to where you are in life right now? What is your favorite part? Do you keep a copy visible at home and at work?
7. Have fun learning our Ritual. Complete a crossword puzzle or word search. Play Ritual Jeopardy! or bingo. Bust some Ritual myths.
We hope you enjoy this week and celebrate how Ritual makes Alpha Chi Omega and all Greek organizations so much more than collegiate social clubs. Find just a few minutes each day to reflect on, talk about and cherish our Ritual.
We’d love to hear what you are doing… be sure to share in comments below, or on our Facebook page!